Quantifying the problem
Epidemiology of chronic conditions.
Explaining the problem
Modifiable upstream determinants and socioeconomic impacts related to chronic conditions.
Acting on the problem
Policies, health systems response, and implementation science for addressing chronic conditions.
The key approaches followed by the Centre include:
- Multi-disciplinary research to examine the challenges posed by global chronic conditions, including complex intervention evaluation and complex systems thinking.
- A comprehensive scope from aetiology and prevention to management of chronic conditions.
- Improving the quality of data related to chronic conditions.
- International comparisons and collaborations to promote transnational learning across low, middle and high-income countries; including promotion of South-to-South collaboration.
- Promotion of research and learning across chronic conditions, including mental health and chronic communicable diseases.
- Focus on particularly vulnerable groups such as migrant populations and those affected by humanitarian crises and large-scale social change.
- Promotion of innovation across Centre activities (with a particular focus on the use of information and communication technology, or eHealth).